Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Chaplins Story from CAGED northwest


My name is Chaplin, they say I walk like Charlie Chaplin, they would have called me Charlie but that would have been an insult to me as this was the name of the abuser that kept my grandmother prisoner.

My grandmother was a Zig Zag dog; she was kept by Charles Pickering as a slave in a dirty breeding establishment that was said to supply dogs to a University for dissection, this nasty place was eventually closed after an undercover investigation was sparked. Please see link for details http://www.greytexploitations.com/resources-and-reports/zigzag-stud-and-puppy-farm-suppliers-to-liverpool-university-a-the-racing-industry



The abuse continues….

I belonged to a trainer in Blackburn

I refused to race

I was handed to a lady free of charge…she left me to go hungry

I was never going to be looked upon as a pet, her dog had claimed the comfy couch but I was just a Greyhound so I got the cold back yard and the scraps of bones.

I was left outdoors for almost 3mths, in all weather conditions

I have bald patches all over my hind legs

I had a terrible limp

I was severely flea infested

I was weak, pale and miserable.

My neglectful owner advertised me for FREE on an internet website, claiming she couldn’t afford to feed me.

BGP www.Birminghamgreyhoundprotection.co.uk  spotted the advert and became concerned, the nice lady there was willing to travel hundreds of miles to come and help me, then they spoke to C.A.G.E.Dnw www.cagednw.co.uk who weren’t too far away from me and they offered to come and get me as they had a nice lady waiting, who could offer me a home. I was excited that I was going to finally be settled with a new family but then the lady said she could no longer offer me a home.

 

I am still with C.A.G.E.Dnw I could have stayed here but they have a grumpy male dog and I prefer the girlies.

I am on a special diet until my tummy feels better; my liver could not tolerate any rich foods because I was so thin, so my foster mom and dad have put me on a holistic diet just till I get a little stronger.

 

I will be neutered in a few wks and then I will be ready to go to a new home, that’s if anybody will be kind enough to help me, I would prefer a home with no dogs as I would love to be spoilt and don’t really like other males. All I want is warmth, some food and two twenty minute walks per day, oh and some good human company, a couch would be lovely but I can handle a large cushy dog bed if I have too.

If you think you would like to help me then please consider carefully, ive had a hard life and I am not even 3yrs old yet. I need someone who will intend to commit to me for the rest of my life, so no snap decisions please! Ime insecure and don’t want any-more heartache. I would suit a retired couple, I don’t pull on the lead, I can entertain myself as I like to play with toys, ime very well behaved in the home but I can’t refrain from stealing food that’s within my reach, it wasn’t easy being left hungry.

Thank woo for reading my story.

 

 

All possible homes will be home-checked for suitability; will not be re-homed with young children. Would prefer a home with no other dogs if possible, otherwise only females.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment